As the last few weeks of the year arrive, I felt it was time to throw out my best wishes to anyone and everyone who might wind up reading this. 2016 has been a hell of a year, and I think we can all agree its time to wrap it up and start anew.
But there were good things in 2016, and I'd like to take a moment to mention some of mine.
In 2016, I....
- Released EMMA'S BLAZE, the second book in the FIRES OF CRICKET BEND SERIES. (And I wrote and turned in the third and final book, CALLIE'S EMBERS, which comes out February 2017!)
- Dreamt up & released the first three books (and have nearly completed the 4th!) in the MAIDENS & MONSTERS series. CHRISTINE, MINA, and LUCY were so much fun - but ESME, so far, is my favorite.
- Attended the Romantic Times Convention in Las Vegas and the Rust City Book Con in Detroit, and made lovely friends/had a great time at both!
- Collaborated with four other lovely writers to create a charity collection, MELT.
- Had a number of short pieces published by a number of small presses.
- Figured myself out as a writer quite a bit. I know my core story now. I'm more aware of my strengths and my weaknesses and my good and bad habits, and hopefully I can curate those more in 2017 and get better. It's all about getting better.
- Read A TON OF BOOKS across all genres and styles, and was delighted and inspired more often than not. I'm proud to be even a little tiny part of the romance community, and I look forward to more adventures in the years to come. There are so many smart and talented people writing books, they give me hope for the future of the world.
So - whatever you celebrate at this time of year, celebrate it with love and hope.
The only way is forward. Forward into 2017!